Industry Consultant - Manufacturing
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications. Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon's Xalt Solutions division empowers customers by delivering configured software solutions that provide optimization of critical business processes. Xalt solutions are business-process-centric software applications which integrate and orchestrate IT systems, OT systems, and human processes into a simple connected workflow. Common solutions for manufacturing are production control, traceability, machine monitoring, reliability, quality, safety, and key performance indicators. The success of Xalt solutions is contingent upon Hexagon’s ability to consult with the customer to enact ideal workflow scenarios, tailoring the user experience exactly according to their business need.
Hexagon Xalt Solutions is seeking to hire a US based Industry Consultant - Manufacturing with specialization in Operations. This individual has significant hands-on experience in a manufacturing (discrete or process) environment and will have a thorough understanding of the day-to-day working of an operations facility. This person will act as consultant to capture, understand and interpret the customer's needs and propose a plan for application of Xalt solutions and processes. This Industry Consultant will conduct evaluations and assessments of the customers' business practices, work processes and technical environments and produce solution designs and recommendations for end-to-end workflows and software that will satisfy those needs. The candidate must be able to work with our customers in order to identify mission-critical business processes, be able to map these processes visually, and then drive the discussion to digitalize these processes and workflows targeting optimized and efficient business operations. They will lead all requirements workshops that define the "as is" and "to be" work processes and thoroughly document and communicate those requirements to the customer and Xalt teams.
The Industry Consultant must have excellent written and verbal communication and be confident in interactions with small and medium sized groups.
The Industry Consultant must be knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas:
- Maintenance and Reliability
- Plant Operations
- Operational Excellence and/or Continuous Improvement
- Quality Management
- Manufacturing IT/OT Systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in relevant fields
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in operations of manufacturing facilities
- Thorough understanding of operations and maintenance processes
- Must be able to execute outcome-oriented workshops and assessments for evaluation of customer needs
- Strong understanding of production data and how it can be leveraged to gain valuable insights
- Must have strong verbal, written and presentation skills (Whiteboarding)
- Ability to travel at least 50%
- Ability to build and maintain demo and prototype environments (some technical skill required)
Nice To Have
- Previous Consulting experience
- Experience with SQL or XML
- This position is subject to a criminal and education background check and to a reference check.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Hexagon offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Principals only please. Hexagon respects and embraces diversity in our workforce. EOE/AA M/F/D/V